ScholarStudio is a consultancy uniquely dedicated to helping graduate programs identify critical questions and generate meaningful answers.
ScholarStudio synthesized our (messy!) quantitative data and conducted interviews with faculty and students in order to grant us perspective that we simply could not get ourselves. They made recommendations that helped us think about how to prioritize our next steps. This report both affirmed our challenges and helped us to understand the ways in which we have the power to change our own program."
--Dr. Naomi Adiv
Common Consulting Goals
- Gathering and analyzing data on program completion and attrition.
- Taking inventory of program processes, assets, and liabilities.
- Gaining information about “off ramps” where students exit the program.
- Documenting perspectives of faculty, students, and other stakeholders.
- Making recommendations about strategic changes that can support student completion and satisfaction.
- Tracking implementation and completion rates.
- Facilitating discussion and decision-making about program policies such as admissions, exams, proposals, advising, and more.
- Suggesting best practices.
We help programs like yours answer questions like these
- How can we make our admissions processes more effective at screening for the competencies we want our students to have?
- What are our exams really testing? Do they align with the knowledge and competencies we want students to have? What do they tell us about our students?
- Where do our students get “bogged down,” and what are the “risk points” for program departure?
- Are there inexpensive ways to offer accountability support to our students at the thesis or dissertation stage even if they are no longer on campus?
- Can we elevate the level of thesis advising in a way that engages instead of alienates faculty?